Wonderful books I recommend by my friend Val Wineyard.
Mary, Jesus and the Charismatic Priest
The book tells you;
* the story of Rennes-le-Château, the priest Berenger Saunière, the mysteries and the larger than life characters who followed him;
* our investigation of the old legend; did Mary Magdalene and Jesus really come to Languedoc after the crucifixion?
* the secret of the priest at Rennes-le-Château, and yes, it involved Mary Magdalene in ways you would never suspect;
* the route Mary and Jesus travelled across the Corbières to Rennes-le-Château and Rennes-les-Bains;
* who Jesus's father really was;
* the strange friendship between Jesus and Pontius Pilate, and his wife, Claudia Procula, the Roman princess;
* the new Christianity they established here:
* the possibility that Jesus is buried in the Corbières.
Looking for Mary M
I have often found when researching there is so much to see that it's hard to remember it all. That's why I designed this "Research Kit," so readers will have their own unique record of what they found. Interactive and fun, this is one of my most popular books at a reasonable price!
The book contains much new research; the story of Mary Magdalene as an historical figure, a real and courageous woman who played a leading role in early Christianity, and especially in the founding of Catharism. Since the discovery of alternative gospels, and archeological research in the Holy Land, we have a very clear picture of the life of Jesus, his disciples, and his dearest friends in Bethany - Mary Magdalene, Martha and Lazarus.
Mary M and Jesus fell in love against a dramatic background of violence and insurgence in Judea, then, with the help of their Roman friends, they were smuggled out of Galilee to arrive safely in the Narbonne region of France. The story is based on history and little known parts of the Bible itself; you may find some parts disturbing and controversial.
The book ends with the discussion; "Was Mary Magdalene the Eternal Goddess?"